Stamp: Institute for the Blind, Jerusalem stamp
Issued in December 2001, the stamp features against a dark background, the word "Israel" imprinted in Braille letters, and on the tab an illustration of the four buildings that comprise the complex of the Institute for the Blind in Jerusalem. It was founded in the old city of Jerusalem in 1902 by Abraham Moshe Lunz and Nahum Nathanzon as the only institute for the blind in Israel. The Institute received a large influx of braille students in the 50's from various countries, and represents the only source of assistance to those blind, preparing them for integration into the community. This was achieved by individual treatment of up to six or seven pupils per class, allowing for the optimal development of students. Many graduates from the Institute obtained positions as teachers, professionals, artists etc.
The stamp with an information sheet are enclosed in a plastic protection sheet